PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY.
This Privacy Statement tells you how we use information that we collect about you through this Biom’up website operated by Biom’up SA based in France. This Privacy Statement does not apply to situations where we have notified you that an alternative privacy statement applies, nor does it apply to other Biom’up websites. You should review the privacy statement posted on other websites when you visit them. This website and this Privacy Statement are intended for a European audience.
We respect your privacy and intend to deal with your information in a manner that is fair and in line with your expectations and encourage you to read and consider the information provided in this Privacy Statement to confirm that is the case.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our website. We collect and use non-personal information (information that does not identify you personally, directly or indirectly (i.e. your name, address, phone number or email)) differently than your personal information.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that can specifically identify you, such as your:
- first and last name;
- address, telephone number, e-mail address or other contact information;
- medical device serial number;
- personal health information;
- date of birth or age;
- social media username or profile;
- interests and qualifications;
- Professional information about you if you apply for a job at Biom’up;
- IP (Internet Protocol) address when such address is associated with a specific user.
Biom’up will not obtain data enabling you to be personally identified unless you give us this information by filling in and sending us the forms on the site.
We collect personal information about our users in two ways:
- 1. when you enter personal information on certain pages of the website. For example, you may fill out a registration form for a particular service, participate in a survey, or complete a contact form;
- 2. using automated means, specifically through cookies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. For more information about cookies, please click here.
We may use the information that you have shared with us through this website (other than sensitive information, which is discussed separately below) for the following purposes:
- to respond to your requests;
- to provide the services or information you request;
- to allow you to register certain products or services, or enhance their functionality;
- to resolve and track the status of any consumer and/or product or service issues;
- to manage our relationship with you and facilitate any necessary follow up (e.g. by storing relevant information and preferences for a reasonable amount of time);
- to enter into or perform a contract with you (e.g. in case you wish to order products or services from us);
- to enable you to participate in our online communities, including social media and blogs;
- To contact you for market research or marketing purposes where you have given us permission to do so;
- In the event that you apply for a job at Biom’up, to assess your suitability for employment by us and to carry out any subsequent interview process;
- In other ways to which you consent.
Biom’up may also use your personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the following legitimate interests, so long as compatible with your rights and expectations of privacy:
- for analytical purposes in order to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content;
- to anonymize your information by removing any personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, social security number, etc.) so that it may be used for other purposes. In this case, the anonymized information would no longer identify you and may be treated like other non-personal information. For more details please see the relevant section below;
- to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules about your use of this website;
- to protect our rights or property;
- as necessary to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare;
- in order to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
WHAT IS SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
Some types of personal information are sensitive information. Sensitive information is personal information revealing or relating to your health (such as your device serial number, or the date of an implant), genetic or biometric data, your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, political opinions or trade union membership.
Biom’up will only collect and process your sensitive information:
- in ways for which you have given your explicit consent;
- to protect the vital interests of you or another person, in cases where your explicit consent cannot be given or reasonably requested;
- according to applicable laws which include suitable and specific measures to safeguard your fundamental rights and interests;
- where the processing is necessary for medical purposes and we are, under the circumstances, under a duty of confidentiality equivalent to the duty of confidentiality of a health professional;
- to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
- We may collect sensitive information directly from you, when you voluntarily provide it to us for a particular purpose (e.g. when you contact us with a question or suggestion about our products and services);
- We may also collect sensitive information about patients through healthcare professionals who we work with to provide therapy or technical support for our products or services to you;
- We may collect sensitive information as required by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, European, and other governmental authorities in order to assure safe and effective use of our products and services;
- We may collect sensitive information about participants who have explicitly consented to participate in clinical trials, studies, and other research initiatives.
Non-personal information is information that cannot identify you or be tied to you in any way. Therefore, the non-personal information that we collect through this website does not identify you as an individual person and will not be linked to you. It may include information such as the following:
- the type of web browser software you use (for example, Google Chrome);
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet;
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website;
- the date and time you access our website;
- which pages you have visited on our website;
- the search terms you use;
- the links on which you click.
We will use non-personal information from you to make this website more useful to visitors. We may also use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use non-personal information or aggregate non-personal information to:
- create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content;
- adapt or improve the information or services provided;
- share or sell information to third parties;
- provide information on how our site is used, such as “traffic statistics” and “response rates” to third parties.
DIRECT MARKETING AND EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS
If at any time you decide not to receive any educational, commercial or promotional information related to our products and services or regarding the products or services of our affiliates or service providers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may use the opt-out procedure provided in any relevant message you receive from us.
Please note that if you opt not to receive promotional messages from us, we may still continue to send you relevant information for other lawful purposes, such as to administer any account you may have with us, to respond to your requests, to execute agreements with you, or to provide you with information that Biom’up is required by law to provide, e.g. regarding product recalls.
Biom’up will not share your personal information collected from this website with a third-party except as described in this Privacy Statement.
In the ordinary course of business, we may share some personal information within Biom’up organization or third-party companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf.
In all cases we will not share more information than is necessary, and we will not authorize any third parties to keep, disclose or use your information except to provide the requested services in line with the purposes set out above.
Please note that subject to applicable laws, we may disclose your personal information if we believe we are required to do so to comply with any law, regulation, court order, legal or government request. In the unlikely event that all or part of our business is acquired by a third party, your information may be transferred to the new corporate owner insofar as relevant to the business in question and subject to appropriate safeguards being in place.
In addition, we may use and disclose your personal information to third parties if necessary, to:
- enforce this Privacy Statement and the other rules about your use of this website;
- protect our rights or property;
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare;
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process;
- investigate or take action in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities.
In addition, please keep in mind that certain areas of our website may be interactive in nature and allow you to post information that other users can see. If you do not wish to have information viewed publicly, please do not use those sections of the website.
In certain cases, Biom’up may transmit personal information collected on this website to our affiliates or third-party service providers in other countries, but only in furtherance of the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. In cases where personal information is transmitted from Europe to other countries, we will ensure that safeguards equivalent to those provided by European data protection laws are in place.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will only keep your personal information for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we are allowed to use them, as set out in this Privacy Statement. For example, if you tell us that you no longer wish to receive a newsletter from us, we will immediately delete your email address from our mailing list. In case you participate in a program via our website we will delete the personal information provided as part of that program within a reasonable time after its completion (e.g. six months after completion will normally be considered reasonable unless we have lawful grounds to retain some of the information for longer).
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE PRIVACY STATEMENT CHANGES?
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. If we decide to make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will promptly communicate on this page. We therefore encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the website. If you have already provided Personal Data through this Website, we will contact you to inform you of the new Privacy Statement and, in some circumstances, we may need to obtain your consent to the changes. You can view the previous version of our Privacy Statement. Continued use of the Website after a change in the Privacy Statement indicates your acknowledgement and acceptance of the use of Personal Data in accordance with the amended Privacy Statement.
ARE THERE SPECIAL RULES ABOUT CHILDREN’S PRIVACY?
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 18 without the consent of someone holding parental responsibility. If you think that we have otherwise collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, please contact us.
WHAT ABOUT WEBSITE SECURITY?
Security is very important to us. We also understand that security is important to you. We use industry standard measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no website or email transmission is 100% secure and we encourage you to therefore take special care in deciding what information you send or request via email and take appropriate precautions such as keeping any usernames and passwords you use confidential.
At any time, you may exercise your right to access, rectify and, as the case may be, erase, any personal information relating to you, or restrict the processing of your personal information, in compliance with applicable laws.
You also have the right at any time to object, based on your particular situation, to any use or processing of your personal information which we have based on our legitimate interests.
In case we are processing your personal information in an automated manner as part of a service to you or based on your consent then you also have the right to request a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (known as the right to “data portability”).
Such requests can be sent to email@example.com.
Please note that we may ask you to provide proof of identity (such as a copy of your ID card or passport) before we can comply with your request.
If we have based our collection or use of your personal information on your consent then you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in the same way as it was given, or by sending a request in the above manner.
You may also at any time, free of charge and without having to provide any justification, opt-out of any direct marketing campaigns and request to no longer receive any promotional material as described above.
In case you are not satisfied with our handling of your request you may contact us/our Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org.